REMINDER: As of June 1, 2017 new class and field trip rates apply for all participants. After further consideration, field trip payment structure will remain the same in regards to third party vendor expenses such as equipment rental, shuttle transportation, entrance fees, etc. This will prevent the need for a service charge due to tax implications associated with Saltwater Studies collecting funds for these fees. To minimize expenses, participants will pay third party vendors directly on the day of the event as necessary, unless otherwise indicated. Details regarding discounts for homeschooling families are discussed below.
Payment is required at the time of registration for any Saltwater Studies event. However, if finances are an issue for you, please contact Saltwater Studies to discuss alternative arrangements.
To register for a Saltwater Studies field trip, please follow this two step process:
Step 1: Email Saltwater Studies with the following information:
- Names for all adult attendees (18 years and over)
- Names and ages for all children under 18 years of age
- Are you a homeschooling family? (If so, please see applicable discounts.)
- Contact Information (Email Address & Cell Phone Number for Emergency Purposes)
You must indicate the total number of participants (adults and children) at the time of registration so that Saltwater Studies can avoid over-booking. Saltwater Studies tries to avoid over-booking as it diminishes the educational experience of all participants.
Step 2: Payment
- Once you email Saltwater Studies, you will receive a response from Saltwater Studies confirming the spaces available for the requested event(s).
- Saltwater Studies will then send you an itemized invoice via PayPal which you can pay using either a PayPal account or a credit/debit card. You must submit your payment at the time of registration in order to complete your reservation. Interested participants who would like to sign up but have not submitted payment will be added to a waiting list until payment is submitted.
Discounts for Homeschool Families
- Up to two adults (parents or guardians) may accompany homeschooled children attending a Saltwater Studies event without incurring a fee. However, for field trips, accompanying adults will need to pay for third party vendor expenses incurred as a result of the field trip such as kayak rental, ferry transportation etc. (Names and ages of all adults and children attending the event must be provided at the time of registration. Standard fees will apply to all children over 2 years of age attending the event.)
- For families with more than one child attending a class or field trip, a 25% sibling discount will be applied. For families with more than one child attending a field course or Summer Camp, a 20% sibling discount will be applied. (Please note that these discounts are for siblings only. Discounts are not applicable to friends or close relatives.)
Cancellation Policy (Updated May 2017)
One-Time Events (Field Trips or Classes). Individuals: If unexpected circumstances require you to cancel your registration, a full refund will be provided for cancellations made until 48 hours of the date of the event. No refunds will be provided for cancellations made within 48 hours of the event or for non-appearances. In the event that unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather, illness, park closure or water use restrictions etc. require Saltwater Studies to cancel the event, the event will be rescheduled, if possible, and you will be issued a credit that can be applied to a future Saltwater Studies event. Groups: If unexpected circumstances require you to cancel the event within 48 hours of the event, a cancellation fee may be applied based on the expenses incurred in association with preparation for the event.
Class Series or Courses. If unexpected circumstances require you to cancel your registration, a full refund will be provided for cancellations made until one week prior to the first class. A 50% refund will be provided for cancellations made within one week prior to the first class and for students who drop out within 30 days of the first class. No refunds will be provided for students who drop out after 30 days from the first class.
Summer 2017 Fee Schedule
|Artificial Reef Snorkel Tour Field Trip||$20||N/A|
|Blowing Rocks Beach Walk Field Trip||$20||$2 (entry fee 12 years and older)|
|Fish Identification Field Trip||$20||$5 (entry fee)|
|Introduction to Snorkeling Field Trip||$20||N/A|
|Mangrove Hike & Kayak Field Trip||$30||$25 – $30 plus tax (kayak rental)
$6 park entry fee
|Mangrove Kayak Field Trip||$20||$25 – $30 plus tax (kayak rental)
$6 park entry fee
|Peanut Island Snorkeling Field Trip||$40||$6 (shuttle fee under 6 years)
$12 (shuttle fee 6 years and older)
|Rocky Intertidal Survey Field Trip||$20||$6 park entry fee|
|Rocky Shore Beach Walk Field Trip||$20||N/A|
|Sea Shell Snorkel Field Trip||$20||$2 (entry fee 12 years and older)|
|Sea Shell Collection & Identification Field Trip||$40||$8 park entry fee|
|Beach Assessment Group Field Trip||$25||possible $6 park entry fee|
|Mangrove Hike Group Field Trip||$10||N/A|
|Water Quality Assessment Group Field Trip||$20||N/A|
|Waterway Kayak Tour Field Trip||$30||$25 plus tax (kayak rental)|
|Marine Ecology Field Identification Course||$60||$6 park entry fee (daily)|
|Broward County Summer Camp||$275||included|
|Palm Beach County Summer Camp||$225||included|